Checking Your Blood Glucose
Checking your blood sugar levels is one of the most important tools you have keep your diabetes in control as it gives you an immediate snapshot of your blood glucose reading.
By keeping a regular log of your results you can check and control your your body’s response to your diabetes self management plan.
Why is it important to have blood glucose levels in the right range?
Our bodies are designed to operate at its best when our blood glucose levels are in a specific range.
When blood glucose levels become too low
If our blood glucose levels are too low, our ability to carry out mental and physical tasks becomes compromised.
For people who take insulin or certain medication that can cause low blood sugar levels (such as sulfonylureas and prandial glucose regulators), it is particularly important to prevent blood glucose levels going too low and causing hypoglycemia.
Blood Glucose Checker
To help keep track of your blood sugar levels, please read the instructions below to understand how to use our online blood sugar checker.
How do I use the blood sugar checker?
To use the blood sugar checker, simply:
- Enter your latest blood glucose reading
- Specify whether you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Whether you’ve eaten in the last 2 hours (pre or post meal)
Please note: this tool is not intended to be used by pregnant women.
Please note – Recommended blood glucose levels have a degree of interpretation for every individual and you should discuss this with your healthcare team.
Add A Comment
Last reviewed: January 20, 2015 at 16:22
- RT @Diabetescouk: To help raise awareness for #WorldDiabetesDay & show our support for people with diabetes, their family, friends, online…
- RT @Diabetescouk: Share this and unite for #DiabetesAwarenessMonth! #UniteForDiabetes #PWD #T1D #T2D #LADADiabetes #GestationalDiabetes #M…
- RT @Diabetescouk: It's our month. Retweet this post and let's raise awareness! #DiabetesAwarenessMonth #GBDoc #T1D #T2D #PWD Get involved…