Diabetes Digital Media LTD (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Diabetes Digital Media Limited of Dotcom House, Broomfield Place, Earlsdon, Coventry, West Midlands CV5 6GY, with registration number Z3613413.
1) Information We May Collect From You
- 1.1 ) . We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, for the purchase of products and/or use of our services, posting material, raising quotes or general enquiries, completing an offer submission, entering a competition or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site or regarding the products and services provided by us.
- Sensitive personal data concerning health matters from or about you if you disclose such information on our Site (via the Diabetes Forums, myLifestyle, the Diabetes App, when registering to take part in clinical trials, making enquiries or otherwise).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and/or any video or audio uploads or telephone calls.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Payment details including but not limited to the name on your bank card, the invoice address and partial card number.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- 1.2) Please note you have the option of what information in your account is publicly displayed. Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated e-mails from us.
2 ) Aggregate Data
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- 2.1) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- 2.2) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
4) Our Newsletter
- 4.1) You may choose to opt in to receiving our newsletter, either directly through the “Join the Diabetes Newsletter” page, by entering a competition, submitting a (travel insurance or life insurance) quote request or when you complete a free meter enquiry form on our Site. If you choose to opt in you will receive related newsletters from us via email to your registered email address. If you do not wish to be added to our newsletter database please do not opt in.
- 4.2) In order to unsubscribe from our newsletter please select the “unsubscribe” option in your welcome email (or any subsequent newsletter emails). Please note this is an automated service and as such we cannot be responsible for any errors which may occur in submitting your unsubscription request. Please contact us at contact@DiabetesCommunity.com if you require any assistance with unsubscribing from our newsletter.
5) Where We Store Your Personal Data
- 5.2) All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted through the secure system with SagePay. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 5.3) Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6) Medical Information
You should be aware that information captured via our Site may be viewed by our medical team. None of this information will be passed to any other person except for:
- disclosure for the prevention of crime;
- in accordance with the law;
- compliance with the direction of any regulatory or governing bodies;
- for the purposes of preventing injury or harm to you as the data subject; or
- when registering to take part in clinical trials, to the responsible clinical research organisation(s).
7) Uses Made of the Information
- 7.1) We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- 7.2) We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by post or email with information about goods and services which may be relevant to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post or email, only if you have consented to this.
- 7.3) You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (the “Data Collection Point”). You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at contact@DiabetesCommunity.com.
8) Disclosure of Your Information
- 8.1) We may disclose your information to:
- business partners or suppliers for the performance of any contract we enter into with you in order to provide you with the products or services that you request from us;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users; or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- 8.2) We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that you register to take part in a clinical trial, in such circumstances we will only provide your personal information to the responsible clinical research organisation(s);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions [LINK] and other agreements;
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Diabetes Digital Media Limited, our customers, or others(this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- for the prevention of crime, in accordance with the law, regulatory or governing body, for the purposes of preventing injury or harm to the data subject; or
9) Third Party Links
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Sites, please note that these Sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Sites.
10) Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Thank you for visiting our Site.
Add A Comment
Last reviewed: February 5, 2015 at 12:59
- TRENDING: https://t.co/kfthtJCBWh Become a forum member here: https://t.co/7AMbMTH2Tf https://t.co/bEMDUD6kT7
- "Mines slightly different in that he's half a tonne of horse! He's a bit boisterous, but he'll never nudge my... https://t.co/9M6qRWjNMX
- DKA is a short term complication of high blood glucose levels in people with diabetes. https://t.co/5nCTMfRNqA