What Do You Eat For Breakfast- Type 2

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by Tracey Smith, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Tracey Smith

Tracey Smith New Member

Hi all,

I am a type 2 Diabetic for 10 years, recently my sugars are very high in the morning with a 6 hour fasting. I can't eat breakfast cereals, toast, waffles, biscuits and gravy or anything that has carbs in it. So what do you all eat that doesn't raise your sugars so high (over 250) in am I am. My family keeps getting on me to cut back and not eat breads or cereal. I ask what do I eat then Fricken salads for breakfast! Sorry, I am very frustrated and very unhappy right now. please help with suggestions you may have worked for you.

Thank you,
    frustrated and very unhappy

2. candysays

candysays New Member

Whilst I vary my lunch and dinner each day, I have the same breakfast every morning which is:
    • 4 spoons of full fat greek yoghurt
    • A small/medium handful of mixed nuts
    • 1 spoon of raisins
    • 1 spoon of wheatbran
    Recently, I've also been adding linseeds.

The breakfast works out at about 15g of carbs and about 400 calories.

It's low in carbs so doesn't spike my sugar levels and, because of the fat content (albeit relatively low calorie), keeps me full for the morning. I find it really nice to eat too.

3. Jibber Jabber

Jibber Jabber New Member

Eggs, bacon, ham....spinach and feta omelets....but most of the time I mix up a smoothie..made from an atkins vanilla shake, some unsweetened almond milk..a handful of kale (you don't taste the kale in the shake), a tablespoon or ground flax and some vanilla extract....oh and splenda....very low carb...the flax technically has a lot of carbs but they are all fiber...

4. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

I need to eat quickly in the morning so I mix 2 eggs with 1 Tablespoon cream in the microwave for 90 seconds, breakfast done. You can add anything in you like if you would like more variety.