What Can I Eat Instead Of Bread?

Discussion in 'Low carb diet' started by Itsthefish, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Itsthefish

Itsthefish New Member

I wanted to ask what I can eat instead of bread - I love the taste of it but I know it's not helping my A1c so any help is welcome!!

X

2. PinkZebraLady814

PinkZebraLady814 New Member

Hi :)
    You can eat whole grain. Just make sure you read the lables. Most contain honey. Its so good toated. Stay away from white and wheat. Wheat is only white bread. Unless it says whole grain.

3. Millymay

Millymay Member

I've only stopped eating bread for a few days and I'm already seeing the difference I am eating whole grain ryvita. Which is nice but I do miss my toast.

4. Sgraham2990

Sgraham2990 New Member

I eat oatmeal when I'm craving bread. I also sometimes eat 6 cracked pepper and olive oil triscuts.

5. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

You should search the internet for some Low Carb bread recipes, I like bread made with almond meal myself.

6. motherhen2014

motherhen2014 New Member

I have just been reading this subject so do I have this right I can eat wholegrain breadaslong as check label. Does that mean whole grain has less carbohydrates that in them.
    I have looked at supermarkets and they have hill bread but I am yet to check label.

7. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

Wholegrain is lower GI which means it will be around to haunt you longer. The best thing to do is to test 2 hours after eating it to see if you can tolerate it. Some people can tolerate wholegrain unfortunately I'm not one of them so I make my own Low Carb bread.