Type 1 And My Second Pregnancy! Scared!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Almadina111, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Almadina111

Almadina111 New Member

Hey guys,

I'm type 1. I was diagnosed with T1 at the age of 11 years old. I'm 35 today. Conceived my first baby at 26. It's was great. Before conceiving, my sugar was always on the rise, between 120-200. Soon as I found that I was pregnant, I took control of my diabetes. Went down to 50-60.

After 9 years, I'm trying to conceive. I am worried, as my last A1C was 124, which is horrible. I'm followed by a fertility doctor, that says that everything looks good, and that I can still have a baby. My only concern, is that I'm Ramipril, Cristor, ( low dosage) and Prozak. I know, I have to stop the Ramipril... Also suffer from a panic disorder, that's why I'm on Prozak and also Clonazapem, occasionally. I know my body has been through the whole pregnancy symptoms... Just worried I guess.

I know that I am strong, and if I manage to keep my sugar levels in the healthy range, all will be fine.

I remember when I was prego with my son, the doctor told me that my son will be a big baby, weighing between 8-9 pounds. He was certain. When I gave birth, my son was 5.5 pounds. I was not induced. My son was scheduled to be born by February 01st, and my water broke on January 28th. Sometimes,I do lose trust in doctors.

Any comments?? I need for once to hear encouragement !!

2. KitKat1776

KitKat1776 New Member

I want to help you, please contact me at my email kayjaroy@hotmail.com or visit my website which also has my contact information, shopmyPlexus.com/Katelynroy I'm an ambassador for Plexus, and I'm only an ambassador because of what it does for me and my loved ones, and for what it's done for others. So I'd love to help you if i can.

3. KitKat1776

KitKat1776 New Member

Even if you don't have any interest, I'd love to offer my support as a mom and woman, and I'd love to invite you to join a community of other mothers who would love to give you their support and encouragement as well. I can understand the fears, and they are justified. My only words of encouragement are to stay positive and look at all things beautiful. Stay focused and don't give negative , toxic ideas the time or day. Wish you the best:)