Tell Me Anything You Wanna Say About Eating

Discussion in 'Food and Recipes' started by AileenBai1213, Mar 11, 2015.

1. AileenBai1213

AileenBai1213 New Member

Hi all,
    I'm a Industrial Designer in University of Illinois. I'm now in the research process doing a project about “Encourage Healthy Eating” for people who have diabetes. I would be very thankful if you can spend some little time to answer my questions and provide me some useful information so that I can design something really in need: )

1. How you control and balance your eating to a healthy level?

2. Are you very clear about what you can or you cannot eat? Also the different amount you can eat of different foods?

3. During your food preparation period, do you do something different specifically for you diabetes? (Like maybe you add sweets by yourself? Something like this.)

3. Do you have any problems and confusion about your eating? Please tell me anything you want to say!

2. candysays

candysays New Member

1. How you control and balance your eating to a healthy level?
    I stick to eating natural food where possible with a good intake of vegetables/fruit and a decent intake of fat (ie low carb diet). Being on this diet means I'm generally aware of when I need to eat and helps me to avoid overeating. On a higher carb diet I found this a bit more difficult, although I was never overweight.

2. Are you very clear about what you can or you cannot eat? Also the different amount you can eat of different foods?
    Yes. I've done a lot of reading around the subject.

3. During your food preparation period, do you do something different specifically for you diabetes? (Like maybe you add sweets by yourself? Something like this.)
    Generally every meal I have will take my diabetes strongly into account. I'm type 1 and so need to know how many carbs and calories are in foods as these factors both affect blood sugar levels.

3. Do you have any problems and confusion about your eating? Please tell me anything you want to say!
    Biggest problem is avoiding processed rubbish when trying out more adventurous meals. You should see some of the rubbish they put into some of the tins of cocunut milk/cream. Reading up on the effects on additives like carboxymethylcellulose and polysorbate 60 is enough to make your stomach turn.

I hope some of this was handy :)

Khaleesi likes this.