Stressed Out

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by queenboo42, May 6, 2015.

1. queenboo42

queenboo42 New Member

Hi im new on here. My 8 yr old son was diagnosed in august with type1. I never realized how much time and effort it takes to manage diabetes. Neither me or my son have anyone to talk to about this. I was hoping there were some kids his age in our area that he could talk to but we havent been able to hook up with anyone. If anyone lives in or around Stockton, Ca we would love to meet you.

2. GrandAdmiral

GrandAdmiral New Member

Contact your local ADA office (and JDRF office if there is one in your area). They will have the resources to get you and your soon in contact with some groups. Also check with your hospital as well. They might have a support group you can attend. Don't let the stress get to you. Your soon needs you. My mom let the stress get to her. I didn't get much support from her and I'm paying for it now in some ways. Be strong and use the group here as well.

3. Laurelstar45

Laurelstar45 New Member

Ask his endo about support groups? When I was younger, around your sons age (I was diagnosed at 3) I use to go to support groups. They were actually a lot of fun because I got to meet other kids who were dealing what I was dealing with.