Snap Insulin Pump?

Discussion in 'Insulin pumpers' started by tpangle85, Dec 17, 2014.

1. tpangle85

tpangle85 New Member

Are any of you guys or gals using the snap pump? I'm a type 1 that has been on the humalog quick pen and levemir pen for afew years and am looking into getting an insulin pump. What pump would you guys suggest? The snap is a pretty cheap start up cost but from what I have read a higher prescription cost? Idea of what your monthly cost for scripts? Etc.... Thanks

2. tawnyad1029

tawnyad1029 New Member

I'm on a medtronics pump and I like it a lot. But I haven't tried any others so I could be a little biased ;)

3. lauraquinlivan

lauraquinlivan New Member

I'm on Animas. This is my second one (my insurance makes me trade it in every 4 years). I love my pump. I think it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I had a really hard time keeping my a1C under control with injections. I would be having lows and still my a1C would be high. With my pump I can custom set everything just for body and now things are so much better.

Laura

4. arwalden

arwalden New Member

5. arwalden

arwalden New Member

Im on the omnipod which is tubless, its made a difference in my life

6. Laurelstar45

Laurelstar45 New Member

I'm on the Medtronic pump and it's pretty great. I have Giesinger insurance and they cover everything. They only copay I have is for syringes for in emergencies. I'd recommend looking up comparison charts but here are some basics.
    1.medtronic -small and light weigh. Simple to use and small increments of insulin can be deliver. Features a screen that can light up, a back button, and a button that take you to a screen to put your sugars in. Comes in pink, blue, black, and purple.
    2.animas - I don't know a lot about this one. I know it is pretty similar to shape and size of Medtronic. Has Dexcom (CGM) integration, and a colored screen. Does not have a direct back button, so you'd have to use arrows to scroll back. Comes in pink and green for sure but idk about other colors.
    3. Omni pod - tubeless pump. Only comes in one color I think but has cases you can put on it. Is a little bulky because insulin is in the site but again, it is tubeless so it's not too big of a deal. Tester and pump are one unit so everyone you test it is automatically put into your pump. Down side is, if you lose the meter, your pump is worthless and doesn't work.
    4. Tslim- touch screen pump. Fairly new. Now scrolling to put in carbs or blood sugars. Has a simple unlock code. Newly have Dexcom CGM integration and a colored screen. Has simple back button. Down side is I've heard the side for it aren't all that great and the tubing kinks fairly easily so that'd stop you from getting insulin.

I don't know anything about snap really. But that's what I do know. Look up online insulin pump comparison charts and look up reviews to pick the best one for you. Good luck :)