Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lauraquinlivan, Jan 22, 2015.

1. lauraquinlivan

lauraquinlivan New Member

Hi. Just joined yesterday. I am 53 YO, and was diagnosed as "borderline" when I was 3 YO. By the time I was in my mid 20s it was clear I was T2 and I had to be put on insulin for awhile. I hated it. I was in denial, and didn't do the program right and eventually bullied my poor doctor into letting me try oral meds. They seemed to work, kinda, for awhile, but made me sick, then when it seemed they weren't working so good anymore, it was back on the insulin, for good, by the time I was 30. But the long acting insulin didn't work so good for me because I have reverse dawn phenomenon. The doctors always insisted I take it at the wrong time of the day so I would have terrible lows in the middle of the night. I finally found a doctor that understood and explained to me what was going on. Years later, I finally got a pump about 7 years ago, which solved all those problems I had with long acting insulin and with needles. I'm doing pretty good now. My a1C usually hovers around 7, sometimes more, sometimes less. Sorry this is so long.

Laura

2. Millymay

Millymay Member

Welcome to the FORUM.

3. candysays

candysays New Member

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum. I'm pleased the insulin pump is working well and an A1c below 7% sounds good.