Mother Of 2 Yr Old Diabetic

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by amandamamabear20, Mar 23, 2015.

1. amandamamabear20

amandamamabear20 New Member

My son was diagnosed with t1d 4 days ago. It already feels like it's been a lifetime. I'm angry, confused, scared. every parent wants the best for their child but I'm so lost at where to go. I guess I just need somewhere to vent, ask questions, discuss things. He's just so young it doesn't seem fair. My step father has t1d and I had gestationalD with all three of my kids. So at least I have a little prior knowledge.

2. Laurelstar45

Laurelstar45 New Member

If you need any help or have questions is be happy to lend a hand. I was diagnosed when I was 3 (so not much older than your son) so I totally get what he is going through and what he will go through. I'm 19 now so I have a lot of experience. It's going to be a learning experience for the both of you but with effort and work and patience you guys can get home to a nice and healthy way of life that really isn't too much different from most other people. My main suggestion is to get him in an insulin pump as soon as his doctors would permit it. I waited until I was in 2nd or 3rd grade to finally say yes to getting one and I wish I'd gotten earlier. It makes management easier and I felt healthier on it. Be strong. You guys will get through this :)

jackline likes this.
  3. jackline

jackline New Member

I am a mother of a 6Y old with T1D since about9 months now.... struggling with it since then... only when I hear from an old diagnosed young people with such good control and good health that I see hope.... keep it up man and which us luck