Mood Swings

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by VHanley, Jan 6, 2015.

1. VHanley

VHanley New Member

:(:(:mad:Im really curious if anyone else gets really bad mood swings?! Sometimes i just feel like i can't help it, taking a time out doesn't help either. It's so hard to explain to my husband/ loved ones how hard it is to control them. They just see it as an excuse. Is it just me?

2. sroberts

sroberts New Member

I did when my BG was very high and out of control. Changes in meds seemed to fix it though.

3. lauraquinlivan

lauraquinlivan New Member

I had trouble with mood swings when I first went on insulin. I was in denial. I thought I had failed somehow. I just wanted to give up and throw away my insulin. Prozac and some counseling helped. I think it happens a lot wit diabetics. You have a disease and no matter what you do it's going to follow you around for the rest of your life. But! It doesn't have to run your life. Yeah there are some things you have to do every day, but if you do those things well, you can live a healthy long life.

4. Millymay

Millymay Member

I have bad mode swings I was told it went with depression and it is affected by diabetes when your BG is either to high or low .I can't control mine my daughter told me only yesterday that my personality has change so much .She said I wasn't the person she new as her mum which was hard to hear.But she isn't the only person who has told me I would love to go back to how I was before diabetes.I'm trying very hard to think before I react to any situation .when I see my Doctor next I'm going to ask if there's anything I can do to try and help me.