Managing Your Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by mtashie, Mar 29, 2015.

1. mtashie

mtashie New Member

I really try and watch what I eat. I am like everyone else and have my "fed up" moments and I know the end result will cause my numbers to climb. I am wondering if anyone is as sensitive to carbs as I am and how they are dealing with it. Yesterday, I felt that I had a great day. My BS was 117 at 5pm. Best day yet. I ate one hamburger on a wheat bun and testing 2 hours later my BS was 172. That blew me away and also causes me to just want to give up sometimes. I know I can't, but it's frustrating!!

2. Millymay

Millymay Member

It's probably the wheat bun that put your BS up bread is one of the worst foods ..

3. mtashie

mtashie New Member

I'm sure it was the wheat bun.....I get tired of not having a bun with a burger, I guess the price I'll pay when I eat one.

4. Millymay

Millymay Member

I have had to give up most of the things I like since I was diagnosed with diabetes but sometimes when I get rearly fed up I do treat myself otherwise life can be very boring and when you feel down that can affect your BS.So I inject a little extra insulin before and that seem to keep the numbers down.When I have my check up next week I'm going to ask if there's a rule as what one should do My diabetic dietician told me what to do so I would hope she would know.

mtashie likes this.
  5. rickwilkerson196

rickwilkerson196 New Member

My wife was just diagnosed last Thursday. Anyway we started meds that night. She's logging sugar levels. They have been low 300's in morning and high 300's at night. This morning was 404. Should meds be doing something or is it too soon. Its only been 3 days I know but reading stuff on here is scary stuff.

6. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

It can take up to 2-3 weeks for meds to start taking effect but try not to stress out too much as that won't be doing her BS any favours. If she has started cutting out sugary foods and beverages and started cutting down on complex carbs she should see lower results sooner.

7. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

@mtashie have you looked on the internet for alternative Low Carb bread recipes. I make oopsie rolls to use instead of buns, so instead of 20gr carbs for your average bun it is less than 2gr carbs for the oopsie roll.