Low Carb Diet And Sweet Foods?

Discussion in 'Low carb diet' started by biffacirc72, Aug 28, 2014.

1. biffacirc72

biffacirc72 New Member

I follow a low carb diet but find it hard to not eat sweet foods. What do people eat when they want something sweet?

2. Khaleesi

Khaleesi New Member

can still have sweet stuff, i usually just replace it with splenda or stevia

3. Khaleesi

Khaleesi New Member

replace the sugar that is!

4. T1Champ

T1Champ New Member

i dont have much of a sweet tooth myself so i usually have nuts or something but i know that there are a load of low carb cookbooks out there that have dessert recipes in that you could try. i was always told everything in moderation and don't go out of my way to cut sugar out completely

5. LadyStarlea

LadyStarlea New Member

I usually reach for a fruit when I want something sweet. I also recently found out that ready whip has only one gram per 5 g or 2 Tbsps of it. So four mediam strawberries cut up with 6 Tbsps of the cream would be like 7 g of carbs.

tpangle85 likes this.
  6. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

If I feel like something sweet I have a piece of my homemade Fudge Slice. It is made with erythritol and sugar free chocolate and has less than 2 gr carbs per slice. I have a good range of LC baking in the freezer so I never feel like I'm going without.

7. Millymay

Millymay Member

I always treat myself once a week after a big shop as that gives me something to look forward to.My husband is a big chocolate eater so I have to try and ignore all the things I once ate and took for granted!