Type 2 Losing My Mind

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Orava, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Orava

Orava New Member

Moi(hello)

Not sure I am doing this right. Oh well...I am from Finland and in October was diagnosed with type 2. But mine is acting so weird. I had gestational diabetes with my first born. Delivered in June and it went away. Then in August I started having the symptoms so was tested in October and wham! Full blown type 2. I never had even prediabetes prior to pregnancy. Now the interesting part, i only get my carbs from veggies..carrots, broccoli, cucumber, and lettuce which I take with protein(meat, fish or eggs) and guess what? My sugars remain high( fasting of 6.5 this morning). Which is confusing me and my doctor! If i eat high carb then levels come down as expected. To add salt to injury, now my feet are on fire at night. I can't sleep and Ibuprofen doesn't even touch the pain. Neuropathy in less than 2 months? Is there anyone out there who can tell me what's going on?

2. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

Even though you are only getting carbs from veges be aware that they can still add up quite easily and also if you are eating too much protein it can push your levels up. I noticed you posted this last year so I hope things have managed to settle down for you a bit in the last couple of months.