Keytones More Frequently

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by nehtiah, Nov 2, 2014.

1. nehtiah

nehtiah New Member

I have diabetic for 15years type 1 a brittle diabetic now I've never had too many complications but lately its like almost everyday even with taking insulin I have keytones they go from moderate to high at times then back down to none I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this expirence

2. Sprout

Sprout New Member

Not the keystones but the brittle part. I can not tell where it is. I can function fine when it's 30 or 300. Mine is lower slot more then high so I don't get keystone, but Dr says it's better high then low. U get mad when u have no ideal why it's doing what it's doing. I tell myself it will get better one day. I'm trying to get Medicare too pay for the sensor with my pump. That helped me keep it from getting so low, but all we can do is wait. I hope it starts working better for u.

3. Cari

Cari New Member

@ sprout I don't think medicare will pay for a sensor...but good luck! Also; I'm curious as to why your dr. said being high is better than being low. I don't mean to be " slow" , but I have a friend that went blind in highschool because she didn't take real good care of herself. Her bloodsugars were always on the high side. I realize that running low is also very dangerous. Just curious :)

4. Cari

Cari New Member

@ nehtiah How fast do your keytones fluctuate between mod/high to none? I would be very concerned with mod to high keytones. Have you ever had to deal with DKA? When you have these mod/ high keytones do you have stomach pain?