Type 2 Introductions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by brand1992, May 24, 2016.

1. brand1992

brand1992 New Member

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2011. I am happy to be a part of this forum to get all the information I can. I am the mother of a newly graduate and a one year old granddaughter. I welcome all information. Thanks in advance.

2. Kevin Owens

Kevin Owens New Member

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in February 1999 after developing pancreatic inflammation that blocked my galbladder by its ducts. I had to have galbladder removal surgery. Since then, I have been on an up & down roller coaster with my numbers and extenuating complications.

In December 2012, I have had multiple cases of osteomyelitis which caused me to lose left great toes and partial right great toe to amputation. In July of 2013, I lost my left fifth digit due to also osteomyelitis. In February of 2016, I have lost all toes of the right foot including the partial great toe due to amputation. After these surgery, I developed retinopathy in my left eye.

I have been receive treatment of the left eye with a cancer drug name AVASTIN. So far my body is taking over the healing process with my eye.

WHAT'S NEXT: STAY TUNED