Type 2 Insulin Pumps

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by Airwick156, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Airwick156

Airwick156 New Member

Hi. I am new to the forum here.

I am a type 2 diabetic that no matter what I do my blood sugars are high. My sugars are running between 250 and 375. Yesterday morning when I woke up my sugars were 303 and that is with fasting all night long.

My last 3 A1Cs have been 9.6, 9.6, and the last one a couple weeks ago was 10.8. Today I was increased to 50 units morning and night of Levemir :( and then I take novolog before meals. In the past 2 months, my Levemir has been increased 3 times. I started at 30, then 35, then 40 then 45 and now 50. And it doesn't seem to be doing much.

I have started seeing a Diabetes Educator and she has requested my being on an insulin pump to see if that will help control my sugars. My doctor has signed the order but now I have to wait till Aug 31 to see an Endocrinologist but I saw her today and she has started everything rolling as far as she can. I see a Dietician on Monday to teach me how to count carbs so I will know how to use the pump. I am excited to go see the dietician.

My question is this...For those of you on a pump, are you finding it is helping to lower your sugars? Are they easy to use? Are they a nuisance to wear? I appreciate any of your replies and anything you can tell me about it. I would appreciate it.