Help?

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by Air_Dare, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Air_Dare

Air_Dare New Member

Hi all, I've just been diagnosed but I'm a bit overwhelmed, I don't know what most of it means. Could someone please clarify as to what I'm going through?

2. Dr. Sterling Wood D.P.M.

Do you have any specific questions or specific topics that you want to know about?

This forum can help, and there is information within. But, places like Facebook and Twitter have a lot of Diabetes profiles that are there to help, and can provide a lot of information. And I understand that you are probably definitely overwhelmed, especially just being diagnosed. The good news is, if it's Type II then it can be defeated! If you are Type I, there are ways you can diet to control and maintain your blood sugar levels.

I have a website that provides a lot of information as well. I was a Diabetic Foot and Limb Salvage surgeon for over 27 years. There were days where I had diabetic patients lined up through my office and going out the door.

You are not alone, there are plenty of people that can help. Please write back if there are any specifics on what you would like to know, or if you want a general run down. Email me, Dr. Sterling Wood at ponderawellness@gmail.com if you would like to talk about your specific condition and diagnosis.

Take Care

3. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

It can all be very overwhelming to begin with. Everything you thought you knew just goes out the window. It can take time to sort through all the information. I found the internet to be great but beware of anything that offers you a cure as there are a lot of scams out there. It is common to go through periods of anger, anxiety, blame, denial, guilt and depression when you are diagnosed with diabetes. I found it to be a very personal journey and it can be different for everyone. Have you been prescribed any medication at this stage.