Type 2 Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by iagr8mom22, Nov 17, 2014.

1. iagr8mom22

iagr8mom22 New Member

Hi ya'all. Im Sue and I am a Tennessee transplant to Iowa. I was diagnoised with type 2 diabetes back in April. I was fine with it for a while, but lately I look at the meds I take for high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol and just think "please make it stop". I am normally a voracious reader, but cant even get interested in my favorite series. The holidays are coming up too soon and I am dreading them. My question (s) are have any of you felt this helpless and what did you do about it? Thanks for listening.

2. Sgraham2990

Sgraham2990 New Member

I can relate. I've had ups and downs! Times of great motivation and effort and times of just doing nothing. I love to eat. A week ago, something clicked and I've been doing well with eating and exercise so far. I find when I stay excited about food (even if it isn't as yummy), I do best. I'm constantly thinking of what healthy but delicious food I can cook or prepare for my next meal. I also like to feel like I cheat the system by finding foods I can have a ton of and feel full. Then I don't feel restricted and like I'm missing out on something. Lettuce is one example. Sugar free jello is another good one!
    I think I do best when I change my mindset. However, it's not always the easiest to maintain. I've also started actively seeking friends and family to exercise with. I've been dressing up and doing my hair to build self esteem and self confidence. Good luck!