Type 1 Hello! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brittney O., Sep 24, 2014.

1. Brittney O.

Brittney O. New Member

Hi Everyone :) my name is Brittney & I am new to this thing! It's pretty cool & fun to learn more about Diabetes. I am 34 & am a Type 1 Diabetic & have been for 21yrs. I have been on the insulin pump for 5yrs & would never,ever go back to shots! :)

2. Eric B

Eric B New Member

Hello there I'm type one since 1988 and am 40 yrs of age. I've been taking insulin by needle and was thinking of trying out the pump. My a1c levels have been 6.0-6.4 consistently. I'm trying to eliminate the lows, I always try to be perfect with my readings.
    Please tell me how my life will be better with the pump.

3. tbuck5

tbuck5 New Member

Brittney, I'm type 2, but have heard of the pump. I'd also like to know about how the pump is good. Or anyone else who reads this, maybe you can help.

4. Bobby B

Bobby B New Member

Good morning everyone, I'm Bobby and this is my first time on this site. I'm a type II and sorry but I wont be much help with info about the pump. So far I'm just on the oral meds thank goodness. Good luck everyone.

5. tbuck5

tbuck5 New Member

Hi, Bobby B. This is my first day, too!

6. Bobby B

Bobby B New Member

Well from another newbie, welcome Tbuck! hopefully we can learn a thing or two or possibly help someone else on here.

7. niketa

niketa New Member

We have about the same time line. I just started on the pump though and I still have some high readings. Does it get better and what do you do if you are all dressed up in a fitted dress Lol

8. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

Hi Brittney. Just joined the site today. I love your positive attitude, it just radiates off the page. :)