Hello.....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ~iheart~, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ~iheart~

~iheart~ New Member

I am a type II diabetic, on insulin (unfortunately), diagnosed over a year ago.
    Had high hopes of tackling it head on, low-carb diet, exercise, weight loss...but things didn't go that way.

I have been in Chronic back pain for over 10 yrs, then things really went downhill, health wise.
    I was being diagnosed with multiple chronic medical conditions. Scary, I was in my forties but felt like an eighty year old. I had been bedridden for a full year and then home bound for another.

I am going to be having my 5th back surgery in a month or two. This will be the 2nd try to implant a spinal cord neurostimulator, it's like a pace maker for pain. Really cool but really radical.

Nice to find this forum, don't feel so alone.

2. Air_Dare

Air_Dare New Member

hiya! sounds likes you have been through so much in the past 10 years, can't really give too much advice here as i havent been through anything similar but hope you are ok. keep me updated on your upcoming back surgery. and welcome to the forum!

3. ~iheart~

~iheart~ New Member

Thx Airdare, nice of you to respond!
    I see ur new too, so welcome to you too!! Will keep in touch.

Here's hoping you have a good day!!!

4. Khaleesi

Khaleesi New Member

I'd like to say I know how you feel but it sounds like you've had such a tough time with your back... I can't imagine how hard it must be to live with chronic back pain AND diabetes :(

Good luck with your surgery, hope all goes well and you can be on the road to recovery!!

This_is_my_username and yml31 like this.