Feeling Overwelmed

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wifeofrandy, May 4, 2015.

1. wifeofrandy

wifeofrandy New Member

Hello everyone, My name is Janelle. I just found out this afternoon that I was a type 2. I dont know anything about diabetes and I am hoping I can get some help here and we can chat sometime. I am really scared cause i dont know what to exspect cause have never had it. Please feel free to help me out I could really use it.

2. mtashie

mtashie New Member

First you have to continue seeing your doctor and taking your meds....a dietician really helped me in understanding what I should eat. Research on line, it helped me so much. I'm the worst patient ever, but just got back on board in January with taking care of myself. It's a job. No doubt.

3. Dr. Sterling Wood D.P.M.

Janelle, please visit my site www.ponderawellness.com. We have information on there that can help you, and if you have any specific questions please email ponderawellness@gmail.com.

I was a diabetic foot and limb salvage surgeon for 27 years. I was the Southwest Director of Chef Training in Zone Diets of Preventative Medicine for those 27 years as well. I am here to help and can help.

One of the main things I can tell you is to control your insulin, and that is done by the foods you eat. There are ways you can set up your meals and snacks to make food one of the most powerful drugs that you will ever use. The Chef Training I did prescribed meals and snacks that rapidly slow down insulin into the bloodstream.

You lessen insulin levels in the bloodstream by a diet rich in high fiber carbohydrates, protein and monounsaturated fats, and you control these excessive insulin levels by equally balancing those 3 things in your meals. These are stated facts from the 1982 Nobel Prize in Medicine based on the discovery of the Eicosanoid Hormone, and by limiting insulin in the bloodstream through control of Eicosanoids...which is the key to true health.

I wish you the best, but please know that diabetes (especially Type II) can be defeated! Please let me know if you need any more information.

4. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

Hi Janelle. It can take time to get your head around everything as it can be a big shock finding out you have diabetes. It took me over a year to finally get my diet sorted out and I am now at non-diabetic levels and I plan to stay there. I was quite lucky when I was diagnosed because I was too ill to eat for a month so that gave me a kickstart in the right direction. The easiest way to get started in the right direction is to start with the obvious by cutting out as much sugar, cakes, biscuits as possible from your diet followed by starting to reduce the amount of complex carbohydrates eg bread, potatoes, pasta, rice. If you find this difficult you could try swapping them for brown/wholegrain varieties that have a lower GI to begin with. I personally eat a Low Carb High Fat diet which has enabled me to lose weight and stabilise my bloodsugar levels. I have found having a meter to test my BS is an essential tool.