Everything New

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AnnaDutch, Nov 14, 2016.

1. AnnaDutch

AnnaDutch New Member

Heya!

I got diagnoses about a year ago and I recently switched to an insulin pump. I did really great the first few months after my diagnoses but I feel like I am losing control slowly.. sometimes I shoot so much insulin and it just feels like it has no effect at all and at other times I feel like I have eaten too much and I suddenly drop so low in my sugers.. does anybkdy have any tips? I don't know how to deal with this disease anymore.

2. BeckyDee

BeckyDee New Member

Each event of high or low is unique to your situation of carbs eaten, exercise, stress, and insulin given. You are lumping them all together and expressing defeat! You need to seek more emotional support as well as more medical support. No one expects perfect blood sugars or perfect compliance! I'm certainly not perfect, you are not perfect, and God knows the world is not perfect. You are wishing for your former life, but you are stuck with diabetes. What were your interests and dreams before diabetes? You can do this! Ask your doctor if he knows a Certified Diabetes Educator you can talk to. They have the time and interest to help you. You can look for one at American Association of Diabetes Educators on the internet. Again, you can do this, but not alone!