Healthcare Depression

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by konidog, Oct 30, 2014.

1. konidog

konidog New Member

Help! I can't beat diabetes and it is depressing.

2. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Hi, I've been there - it's like a downward spiral - the worse you feel, the worse your blood sugars get, and then you feel worse and so on... you don't need to beat it, just find a way to live with it. For me exercise works - I make myself go out for a walk or go to the gym - if I can I call a friend to go with but I often just go on my own. When things get really bad I write down a goal, like take a walk 4 days this week, and I reward myself when I achieve it.

tlclcoc likes this.
  3. Millymay

Millymay Member

I find I can cope with the ups and downs with my BG but the mode swings are the worst thing there's not a day goes by without me loosing it ! The reasons I don't understand. It's like a combustion of air going off it just happens and my husband and daughter don't know where it comes from .I do feel bad but I don't seem able to do anything about it I'M getting to old for this to keep happening to me.Anybody got any ideas that could help please advise.

tlclcoc likes this.
  4. Millymay

Millymay Member

Here I am again still feeling depressed I have started walking each day it helps a little at the time .I was wondering if the low carb intake was another course for the depression any advice

tlclcoc likes this.
  5. Sgraham2990

Sgraham2990 New Member

Exercise helps, so does talk therapy, and depression medicine. Good luck!

tlclcoc likes this.
  6. Millymay

Millymay Member

Yes I agree but if it's difficult to talk or confide in other people it's just a vicious circle.I have been there and I can't say it was beneficial to me but I also know people it has helped.walking does while it doesn't last long..

7. MarrissaOrtega15

MarrissaOrtega15 New Member

I get pretty depressed. I am a 19 year old girl and since I was 17 and diagnosed I feel like I could never be the normal teenager so I tried to keep up with my friends. I finally feel that if I don't do anything now about my diabetes things could turn out really bad for me. That's Why I joined this site for help and support I need to stay on track!

tlclcoc likes this.
  8. Cathy

Cathy New Member

I was really depressed when I was younger - you can get into a downward spiral of feeling down, so your blood sugars are worse, so you feel more down ... the way out for me was exercise. Even just a 30 minute walk every day can help. Weight lifting is what works for me though because I can see small improvements every time I train so I feel like I'm achieving something, also I go with other people and we yap about our day as we train so it's a good chance to talk as well ... I didn't have many friends when I started - I wasn't a sporty person growing up and wasn't confident. Joining my first class at my local gym was one of the hardest things I'd ever done, but became one of the best things too :)

9. Angela

Angela New Member

I agree, diabetes can be SO overwhelming and depressing! I find it hard to talk sometimes to friends and family about my diabetes because I feel like they just don't understand how I feel.
    Exercise has helped me. I really needed motivation to start, but realized that I was more motivated after I got into an exercise routine.

tlclcoc likes this.
  10. tlclcoc

tlclcoc New Member

Yes. Try hard to keep it in check because it can affect your body in SO many ways. Take care.

11. tlclcoc

tlclcoc New Member

Talk here to people who know similar experiences without judgment.

12. Millymay

Millymay Member

13. Millymay

Millymay Member

Sorry I have been depressed for so long I have forgotten what it's like to be normal!I show an upbeat side to my family as they fuss to much and this makes me feel worse.It might sound stupid but I talk to my cats quite a lot they don't judge me just love meI do try to do the right things but it's difficult to get motivated at times the last time I was told if you don't use it you will loose it So I walk everywhere.It won't belong before I can go in the garden that will help .Winter isn't the best time.

Laila Freeman likes this.
  14. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

I like to listen to music, it seems to keep me calm and lift my mood.

15. Millymay

Millymay Member

Nothing helps me when I'm rearly down i'm best left on my own !

Laila Freeman likes this.
  16. Laila Freeman

Laila Freeman New Member

I feel the same way! I get so discouraged when I start the day with a 62, then I just don't fee like doing anything - does anyone else feel this way