Type 1 Brittle Type 1 Diabetic

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by candyflipqueen, Mar 23, 2015.

1. candyflipqueen

candyflipqueen New Member

Hey, I have had diabetes since 1998 and still can't get it under control. Mainly due to me snacking throughout the day, because I don't have the patience to cook. It affects my life in all aspects of it, my mood, my motivation my self image... I think it might diabetic depression because I always find myself justifying my poor choices by saying "if it weren't for the diabetes!" I'm now classified as a brittle or fragile diabetic and I am so worried that I will wake up in the hospital wishing I did more to prevent such unnecessary results. I know I just need to do it, and do it now, but does anybody have any suggestions? I want to go to a diabetic boot camp if there is such a thing because I am the type of person who says "if it isn't broken, why fix it?" and since I feel ok today it doesn't change. Help! I live in Chilliwack, bc, Canada and am 28 years old.

2. Millymay

Millymay Member

Go to the post Blood sugar high 20s GP doesn't help please advise .If that doesn't give you some insight to how difficult it can be .Keep trying you will achieve your goal in the end.

3. niketa

niketa New Member

I've had diabetes since 99 and it was out of control for most of that time. I went to the ADA call to congress event in dc a few years back and it changed my perspective. You take control of the disease don't let it take control of you. I have two complications now from out of control diabetes. Not fun. Find a diabetes friend in your city you can motivate each other in person. and sites like this and support groups always help you not feel alone out there. It's def a struggle having it but you can put it in check and tell it who's boss.