Type 2 Anyone On Trulicity?

Discussion in 'Type 2 diabetes' started by Diane, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Diane

Diane New Member

i was put on Trulicity this week, but have been nauseated ever since I got the injection. Anyone else on this med?

Liz likes this.
  2. tbuck5

tbuck5 New Member

I'm not, but on http://www.drugs.com/cdi/trulicity.html, the info for the drug says if you experience diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting, you should be careful not to dehydrate yourself, and you should call your doctor for instructions.

3. ConnieK

ConnieK New Member

I am about to switch from Victoza to Trulicity as soon as my pharmacy gets it in. I was hoping to find some forum activity on others who are on it or who have switched from another injectable non-insulin therapy. But it appears that you and I are the first two in the world to go on it! LOL. Well, maybe we can compare notes. I have been using Victoza for a couple of years already though, and this is a very similar drug except that I only have to inject it once a week. That is a plus from once a day. Of course I am wondering if the nausea is better or worse and how bad it is at first, or will I not even be bothered by it since I am used to the Victoza? Also is it as affective as the daily Victoza? If anyone out there has anything they can share, please do. Otherwise Diane, it looks like we are on our own here...

4. ConnieK

ConnieK New Member

If it is like Victoza was for me with nausea, you will start to get over it in the second or third week, but occasionally it will return, and there is no real rhyme or reason as to when it happens. It is supposed to be good for weight loss, as is Victoza, but they don't tell you that the reason it helps with weight loss is because you are nauseated! LOL! However, the drop in blood sugar was well worth it for me with the Victoza, though after 2 years, the nausea is still around sometimes. It reminds me a little bit of mild morning sickness when I was pregnant. You just have to kind-of ignore it. It never made me actually throw up, and if I tough it out and eat something, I feel better.

5. frenchiebean

frenchiebean New Member

I was on Byetta, then Victoz, then Bydureon but the worst I ever have felt is after I injected one of two sample pens my endo gave me. I expected nausea, but not like this. Took shot Wednesday night. Thursday was barely doable with the nausea. Friday morning on tbe way in to work i vomited my dinner from Wednesday. Saturday now and I still am extremely nauseated and weak. I've lost 8# in two days, so i guess it works for weight loss (sarcasm). I won't be taking the second shot.

6. Diane

Diane New Member

There was no way I could have taken a second shot. I started with the nausea on my way home from my first sample injection. By the time I got home I was already sick at my stomach.

I literally stayed on jello, soup, and crackers for the rest of the week.

I never had gastric paresis until they put me in Byetta, and did have nausea on that one, but nothing compared to what I experienced on this new one.

7. Cat

Cat New Member

I started Trulicity on Sunday and started feeling fatigue and sick to my stomach on Monday before leaving work. Came home and could only eat half of my dinner because I felt sick. Went to bed and slept for 3 hours and went to bed at 10:00 PM and slept all night. I got up Tuesday morning and my fasting blood sugar was 205. My head was hurting and I felt woosy in the head so I called in sick to work. Called my doctor and she wants me to go back on Glipizide, continue with the injection and use my Metforman in the evening. Came home from work and I ate half of my dinner and started feeling sick again. I had loose bowels and actually threw up this time. I had no problems like this before the injection and I am not taking anymore.

8. Sherriesweets

Sherriesweets New Member

I had started Trulicity reluctantly but it seems they really push to get folks on the new drugs. I got injected on Friday and felt sick Saturday and by Sunday I was violently ill. I vomited for hours. Today is Tuesday and I can still barely keep broth down. I will NEVER take an injectable again!!!! These like Victoza and others cause thyroid cancer and so many other health problems. I'm going back to my trusty Metformin. I sure hope you ALL read the warnings on these injectables and just don't GO there... Old drugs are the BEST!!!!

9. Sherriesweets

Sherriesweets New Member

Yes, it's horrble!! I've been violently ill. It also causes thyroid cancer like the others!! I'm done w these....

10. ed benson

ed benson New Member

Been injecting for three weeks now, feel ok, not sick, blood sugar swinging all over the place. On average, it has lowered my numbers, lowest tested was 75, too low for me. Yeah the side effects are scary. I cycle alot, noice my hearth rate is higher, still sorting that out.

11. Liz

Liz New Member

I am on trulicity been on it since tuesday i have felt sick constantly , then 1am saturday morning i woke up being violently sick , lost my appetite, but on the plus side my sugar levels have come down probably due to not eating much, i have also lost 8 pound in weight since tuesday , still feel quite weak , sick and very tired, i can cope with everything other than vomiting, im feeling a bit better today , hoping i feel better in the future as it is only my first week, does anyone know if there is anything you can take to stop the vomiting

12. Juliajames

Juliajames New Member

I've not felt any sickness as such, just very tired, a bloated stomach, been on it 2 weeks but generally feel unwell. I'm also worried about the cancer risk

13. Yvonne

Yvonne New Member

Just started trulicity Saturday at noon. By 3pm I was feeling exhausted went to sleep. Ended up sleeping until 10pm. It is now Sunday at 426am and I feel extremely bloated and mildly nauseated. Stomach is starating to gurgle. Anyone have advice to fight side effects?

14. Ellen

Ellen New Member

Just started Friday night with my first dose. Have been nauseated since then but not throwing up. I have read all the side affects that are common with this drug and am questioning the validity of taking this drug. My Endocrinologist wanted me to give it a try. Not sure I will do the second dose.

15. Yvonne

Yvonne New Member

I have been on it for 3 weeks now. 1st dose was just awful. So bad that I actually returned to the dr. I was about to give up and he said to give it another week. So I took another dose and all side effects disappeared. I actually felt better than I have felt in a long time. I have lost 9.4lbs in first 11 days. He increased my dose to 1.5mg and I took it 3rd dose Saturday. No real side effects. And my bg readings have all been between 100 and 137. Take those numbers anyday. I would encourage anyone to give it at least a couple weeks or unless you just can't handle the side effects. I did have my dr give me medication zofran and lomotil incase side effects didn't go away but I have not had to take either.

16. hannamarin

hannamarin New Member

17. Kraken

Kraken New Member

I just started Trulicity after being on Victoza for years. My insurance stopped paying for the Victoza and Trulicity was the alternative. I have used it for the past few weeks and have not had any side effects yet. However, I don't think I am getting a full dose due to the pen injection apparatus. Both times I have tried to inject in my stomach and it seems that more of the medicine is splattered on the injection site instead of going under the skin. Really pisses me off. I guess this week I will try shooting in my arm or leg. Has anyone else had this issue or can provide any tips? Thanks!

18. George Parrish

George Parrish New Member

I would honestly not run around posting that something causes cancer unless
    You know that for sure. Some people's lives depend on taking this drug. They may actually stop taking it because of your claim.
    The advisory on the drug is just that. Yes the drug has caused cancer is lab rats BUT and there is always a BUT..........if you read the actual documentation that comes with the drugs there was no evidence found that it causes cancer in humans. In all of the Human Trials and studies is did not show any large cancer potential and the actual reported incidences of cancer were actually lower than that reported with Metformin.

19. George Parrish

George Parrish New Member

I would honestly not run around posting that something causes cancer unless
    You know that for sure. Some people's lives depend on taking this drug. They may actually stop taking it because of your claim.
    The advisory on the drug is just that. Yes the drug has caused cancer is lab rats BUT and there is always a BUT..........if you read the actual documentation that comes with the drugs there was no evidence found that it causes cancer in humans. In all of the Human Trials and studies is did not show any large cancer potential and the actual reported incidences of cancer were actually lower than that reported with Metformin.