Discussion A1c And Eag Results

Discussion in 'Ask a question' started by Charlotte, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Charlotte

Charlotte Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin Moderator

How are you all doing with your A1C and eAG test results?

A1C is measured in a percentage and the American Diabetes Association gives a general target of 7%, but each person with diabetes will have their own personal targets depending on what the doctor has set.

eAG is very similar, but the result is in mg/dL instead, so can be compared to blood glucose tests taken from a blood glucose monitor more easily.

2. Millymay

Millymay Member

Why are the Americans blood glucose conversion table different from our When I first became a diabetic our nurse gave our results in mmols now it's mgs which I find confusing as I can't find a english conversion chart only American

3. Cathy

Cathy New Member

My A1C is currently the lowest it's ever been :-D but could deffo still be better - for me it takes a lot of work ... I'm not one of those "test a couple of times a day, forget about it, and still have a great A1C" kinda people lol - I try my best though :)

4. lauraquinlivan

lauraquinlivan New Member

I've always struggled with a1C. Until I was put on Invokana. As long as I don't eat too high of a carb diet and make sure I take enough insulin, the Invokana seems to take care of it.

It was hovering around 7 (7.2, 7.0) but then this last one was 6.3! I was so shocked I thought; what did I do different so I can keep doing it. So we'll see if the next one is that good.

LQ6 likes this.
  5. Dacorem

Dacorem New Member

I'm at 8.6 keeps going up. Dr doesn't change anything.

6. Dennis48

Dennis48 New Member

My latest test result was 7.

7. 4ratbags

4ratbags New Member

My last Hb test was 5.4% in July. I eat a LCHF diet which I stick to pretty well most of the time. I have a good selection of Low Carb baking which I keep in the freezer so I can still eat something nice and not feel guilty.

@Millymay if you want to convert mg/dL into mmol/L all you have to do is : mg/dL divided by 18.2 and it will give you the mmol/L equivalent

8. LQ6

LQ6 New Member

My last A1C was 6.8, however I've recently changed to a pump so I estimate my next A1C will be higher.
    My best results were during my pregnancy, as they sat at 5.0 for 8 months.